First of all, I would like to remark that marketing is changing nowadays. Before, it was really product-oriented and now it is much more customer-oriented because people want to have a customized service and furthermore they want to be involved in the value creation process.
I am 22 years old and from Spain. I play tennis and violin, I love music and I care always for what I am wearing. These are the basic things that they need to know about me. What I am going to do now is to talk about ten characteristics that a marketer would be really interested in knowing about me. I know that marketing use the 4p´s of Kotler, so I am going to divide my characteristics into those p’s adding one more, personalization.
Product:
1. I am used to focusing on the functionality and the quality of the product more than the design of the product. This is for all of the products, except for clothes and mobile phones in which I focus on the design much more than the features of the mobile. Packaging is not essential for me. I am not going to buy pasta because of the packaging.
2. Brands have a powerful influence on me. As I see it, young people are a little bit worried about brands, not just me. In food terms, my family are really worried about our nutrition, so they do not care to pay extra-money in good food brands. For clothes, I have two sisters, and they are really fond of fashion, so that, they advise me.
3. I am an early-adopted customer but I do not need to be the first. When the iPhone appeared, I felt attracted on it, but I did not have the necessity to buy it.
4. I am not really loyal to a brand, just in terms of food. This has connection to the price point. This is a tendency in the new marketing. You must find a good competitive advantage if you want to be a top of mine.
Price:
5. I am student, so I am not disposed to pay an extra price just for the design. I compare prices between brands before I buy. I really love music but I am not going to buy a CD when I can download it for free.
6. I wait for a discount. When I have to buy clothes or something else I am used to waiting for lower prices.
Place:
7. I am used to going to the city to buy or to shop centres because I am from a town and I do not like to buy there, just daily things.
Promotion:
8. I like watching Television, so I feel attracted to advertising. In Spain there is a tendency to put the advertisements inside the broadcasting of series, not just commercials in between, like in America.
9. I do not like to be bombarded by advertisements on the internet because I spend a lot of time surfing. I know that this is the future of the marketing but as a customer I hate it, mostly because it is more of an interference than an advertisement.
Personalisation:
10. I prefer to enter in a shop and have a look, and then, if I have a doubt I will probably ask them. I hate feeling overwhelmed by the seller, even in luxury products.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Borja - The length is ok and there is some good content in your blog. My one comment is that it is a little superficial. I'd like you to explore these topics a little deeper - try to add a little more depth and/or complexity to your blog posts.
ReplyDelete